Covid-19 Response and Home Learning
For guidance and live updates on cases of Coronavirus (Covid-19) within Blowers Green Primary, please visit the Dudley Academies Trust website. This website includes the following important information:
- Confirmed Cases
- Information for Parents and Carers - What to Do
- Parent Questions and Answers
- Reopening Risk Assessment
- Chief Executive updates
- Full Re-opening Risk Assessment - August 2020
Letters to parents/carers relating to the Covid-19 situation:
- 13 July 2020 - Returning to school in September 2020
- 18 June 2020 - Year 3 return to school arrangements
- 18 June 2020 - Year 4 return to school arrangements
- 4 June 2020 - Year 5 return to school arrangements
- 22 May 2020 - Year 6 return to school arrangements
- 18 May 2020 - Blowers Green reopening plans
- 2 April 2020 - Key Worker information and Free School Meal Vouchers (FSM)
- 27 March 2020 - Keeping us informed of confirmed and suspected Covid-19 cases
- 24 March 2020 - Open letter from Vicky Ford MP re: SEND support
- 20 March 2020 - Information on School Nursing Service
- 20 March 2020 - School closure arrangements
- 16 March 2020 - Update regarding Coronavirus
- 14 March 2020 - Cornavirus message from Dudley Council
Blowers Green Primary School is extremely committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our children and their families and staff. We continue to closely monitor all guidance by following UK government and NHS advice to make informed decisions from the information available to us. The UK threat level is now classed as 'moderate' which has raised from the original 'low'. It is important to ensure we are aware of our own situations and threats close to our environments and act accordingly.
Below are some links to Coronavirus advice and documents to support everyone during this time.
- Barnardo's: How to Talk to Children about the Coronavirus
- Free School Meals Covid-19 Voucher System
- Gov.uk: Covid-19 The UK Government Reponse
- Gov.uk: Covid-19 Guidance for Places of Education
- NHS: 111 Check if you have Coronavirus Symptoms
- NHS: Coronavirus Advice for Everyone
- World Health Organization: Healthy Parenting
People are being asked to ‘Stay Home Save Lives’. If domestic abuse means home isn’t your safe place, we can help. Call 01384 455411, to access a range of support services in the borough: www.dudleysafeandsound.org/domesticabuse
The National Crime Agency (NCA) has launched a campaign to help keep children safe online during the coronavirus pandemic. The Online Safety At Home Campaign contains home activity packs with 15-minute activities for parents and carers to do with their children. New activities are to be launched fortnightly.
The National Crime Agency has warned of a spike in online child offending during the coronavirus crisis, with latest figures indicating that there are at least 300,000 people in the UK posing a threat to children.
Download age appropriate packs:
- Thinkuknow Home Activity Packs: Early Years (4 to 6 years)
- Thinkuknow Home Activity Packs:: 5 to 7 years
- Thinkuknow Home Activity Packs: 8 to 10 years
We are really pleased to inform you that we have developed our home learning further and will now be using a new platform called Seesaw. Seesaw will help us work to together to provide your child with meaningful learning experiences at home:
In response to the Covid-19 closures, arrangements have been made for a programme of work to be available for your child. You have been sent a text message to advise you of the link. If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a list of Websites to Support Online Learning that parents may wish to complete alongside their child(ren) as additional activities. These websites include a wealth of games, resources and activities linked to maths, english, phonics, mindfulness, staying active and early reading.